Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this meeting was held via Zoom, video conferencing.
In attendance: Norene Cragg, Ryan Brunt, Abe Buwalda, Joanne Sylvester, Todd Wasylyshyn, Alex Thomson, Susan Allison, Gord & Kim Woodward, and Rhonda Dickson
Meeting called to order at 7:03 pm
- The Financial Statement for the period of October 1, 2018 to September 30, 2019 was presented. The financial statement was approved with a unanimous vote.
- A budget comparison report was shown so we could see where we went over budget thus far this fiscal year. There were significant increases in:
- Building Improvements
- Insurance Appraisal
- Pest Control
- Snow Removal
- There was more discussion about the plumbing issue in building 1600. It was agreed that would need to be dealt with as soon as possible, keeping in mind any social distancing that may be required.
- A proposed budget was presented which, if accepted, would show a significant increase in strata fees. Gord & Kim Woodward brought up the idea of having special assessments rather than lumping everything into the new budget. This would mean that we could keep the strata fees lower and assess only the things we need at this time ie: Roofing and plumbing. The expected insurance increase would stay with the yearly budget, so a strata fee increase is still expected.
- Bye bye to our dear neighbour ad friend Alex Thomson. Alex recently sold his property and this was his last meeting. You will be missed Alex! Best of luck in this new chapter of your life and thank you for hosting all of our past meetings.
NOTE: Our AGM (Annual General Meeting) will be held at the beginning of September. We don’t know yet if that will be another Zoom meeting or not. At that time, two main options regarding the budget will be presented:
- An increase in strata fees as suggested in this proposed budget or,
- A modified budget and a special assessment for each year as needed. Owners would have the option of a lump sum payment or could have this paid monthly and added to their strata fees..
Meeting was adjourned at 7:45 pm.