This meeting was held using Zoom video conferencing.
In attendance were: Norene Cragg, Ashraf Hassib (on behalf of Said Hassib), Ryan Brunt, Abe Buwalda, Wendy Karpuik, Susan Allison, Gord Woodward, and Rhonda Dickson.
Abe held two proxies: One for Todd Wasylyshyn and another for Ferrin Willie
Since quorum was established, the meeting was called to order at 7:03 pm.
- Wendy Karpuik, the new owner of Unit 8 was introduced to the strata members.
- Abe presented a budget comparison report for discussion.
- Two budgets were presented for consideration. After discussion a vote was held and Gord Woodward made a motion to approve budget Number 2. This was seconded by Susan Allison and received unanimous approval.
- Election of officers. Abe moved that Wendy be our new treasurer. This was seconded by Gord Woodward and received unanimous approval. Abe also made a motion that Susan Allison remain as president, Norene remain as Vice President and that he remain as Secretary / Administrator. This received unanimous approval.
- We next voted on the limited use of common property, namely; The decks on Unit 1, 2, 6 and 9 as well as the sheds on Units 4, 7 and 8. Susan made the motion that these be approved and was seconded by Wendy. This received unanimous approval.
- Abe brought up the issue of smoking. After some lively discussion it was agreed that a smoke eater / ionizer be used in Unit 2 to mitigate the issue of smoke bothering others in the building. The owner of Unit 2 (Said Hassib) will be leaving on October 3rd for one year so the issue may be revisited upon his return.
- There are two owners interested in the extra parking space. Abe will arrange a lottery of some sort to see who will get the extra space. (Between Ferrin Willie and Wendy Karpuik).
- With the approval of the new budget we will be going ahead with the plumbing repairs in building 1600. Since this is a lot of money and since we also need to pay our insurance in January, work might not be completed until the spring.
Meeting was adjourned at 8 pm.